Welcome! I'm Hanna, the writer and creator behind Pearls & Scissors. I'm so glad you are here!
Pearls & Scissors is a DIY and lifestyle blog dedicated to inspiring you to live a creative, caring, and fulfilling life. We encourage you to make pretty things, do what makes you happy, and cherish every moment. Here you will find DIY projects for your closet and your home, inspiration for a thrifty life and style, and bits and pieces of my life.
I believe we are all creative by nature and that creativity is the best therapy!
If you're new to Pearls & Scissors, here are a few of my favorite posts to get you started:
Wardrobe Reinvention: 1 skirt 6 ways
Recycled braided bracelet tutorial
Refashionista: Lace heart cut-out tee
DIY Upcycled socks from sweater sleeves
DIY Romantic lace tee
If you'd like to get to know me better, here's a list of random things about me:
2. I live in Tallinn, the capital of the tech-savvy little country of Estonia (at the Baltic see), with the greatest husband in the world.
3. I’m multi-passionate and proud of it! I don't care if it makes me look like I have ADD.
4. I'm a pathological dreamer. I believe in the saying that if your dreams don't scare you, they're simply not big enough.
5. I eat way too many sweets. I get cranky if I've been away from chocolate for too long.
6. The only thing I love more than sleep is singing.
7. I love making things! I can be glued to my sewing machine for 14 hours straight.
8. I'm a real softy - I cry during every movie and TV-show. Sometimes even commercials. It's pathetic.
9. I have a Master's degree in psychology. I like to watch people. Not in a creepy way.
10. I love to cuddle. A lot. A lot lot.
11. I can do anything I want, if I really want to. I can be real stubborn like that.
If you have a question, inquiry, comment, or would just like to say "hello!", I'd love to hear from you!
e-mail me at:
hanna at pearlsandscissors dot com
I hope you like it here and you'll stay a while!