Hey there! I’m Hanna. A DIY enthusiast, mindset coach, serial entrepreneur, mother (of soon-to-be-2), wife, aspiring singer and sugar-addict all rolled into one.
Originally from Estonia, I now live with mu husband, Rein, and our toddler, Heli Mai, in the Cologne area in Germany. We’re expecting our second daughter to join us in only a few short weeks.
This space was initially created to share my obsession with crafts and refashioning, but was put on hold when I had my first baby girl in May 2016. Now, I’m back to share our family’s journey to a more sustainable life. We’re far from perfect, but determined to make our ecological footprint smaller and our life fuller.
You can expect to read about the occasional DIY project and building a sustainable wardrobe, home and life. Plus some random bits and pieces of our family and life thrown in for good fun.
Photo by my brother Taavi Paal
Over the years, I’ve always shared 10 fun facts about me in my bio. Here’s what feels important right now:
1. I studied psychology in university, but decided at 24 that I was going to be an opera singer when I grew up. That dream is still in the making.
2. Ja, ich spreche Deutsch.
3. I cut my husband’s hair. The DIY enthusiast is not a title I take lightly.
4. I’m a pathological dreamer. I believe in the saying that if your dreams don’t scare you, they’re simply not big enough.
5. I’ve attempted to finish a Whole30 twice, both times I was pregnant, and both times I failed. The results were great non-the-less.
6. Currently dreaming of sleeping on my tummy.
7. I’m a real softy – I cry during every movie and TV-show. Sometimes even commercials. It’s pathetic.
8. I’ve never had a traditional 9-5.
9. I’m always late (but working on it).
10. Sugar-addict for life (despite my best efforts).
If you’d like to know even more about me, you can read about why I blog, how I coped with a life-altering decision (hint: it has something to do with finding my soulmate), and watch our wedding video.