Pearls & Scissors is a DIY and lifestyle blog dedicated to helping you create an inspired, sustainable life full of creativity, positive vibes, and dreams.
On Pearls & Scissors you will find DIY, refashion and sewing projects, style inspiration and tips, and lessons learned in life, blogging and business. I also create crafting eCourses designed not only to teach you the craft skills you want to have, but also connect you to other like-minded ladies.
Photo by Kerli Halliste Photography
I’m the DIY-obsessed girl behind the blog. I knew I liked sewing machines back in elementary school, and our friendship has only grown stronger from there. Later, I also discover my love for knitting needles, crochet needles, the glue gun, and all forms of crafting material. Let’s just say that DIY is my jam!
I’m also a day-dreamer, go-getter, coffee-drinker and multi-tasker. Originally from Estonia, I currently live near beautiful Cologne, Germany with my husband – my soulmate and ultimate fan-boy.
1. I decided at 24 that I was going to be an opera singer when I grew up. That dream is still in the making.
2. I recently moved from the tech-savvy little Estonia at the Baltic Sea to Leverkusen, Germany in the heart of Europe. Und ja, ich spreche auch Deutsch.
3. I’m multi-passionate and proud of it! I don’t care if it makes me look like I have ADD.
4. I’m a pathological dreamer. I believe in the saying that if your dreams don’t scare you, they’re simply not big enough.
5. I eat way too many sweets. I get cranky if I’ve been away from chocolate for too long.
6. The only thing I love more than sleep is singing, and making stuff (of course).
7. I’m a real softy – I cry during every movie and TV-show. Sometimes even commercials. It’s pathetic.
8. I have a Master’s degree in psychology. I like to watch people. Not in a creepy way or anything.
9. I love to cuddle. A lot. A lot lot.
10. I can do anything I want, if I really want to. I can be real stubborn like that.
If you’d like to know even more about me, you can read about why I blog, how I coped with a life-altering decision (hint: it has something to do with finding my soulmate), hear us sing, and watch our wedding video.