Today I have a special DIY project to share. It’s my first ever crochet pattern and tutorial! Crochet is not my very favorite craft, but it’s one of those crafts that I enjoy doing from time to time. I had this idea of crochet earrings in my mind and I new I wanted to give it a try. So, I developed my own pattern, and I think the outcome is pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
And I think this tutorial is fitting after Elle’s inspiration post yesterday. Spring really is al about flowers, so why not wear some flowers in your ears.
Be sure to click “read more” below to see the tutorial!
You’ll need some cotton crochet yarn and a needle to match the size of the yarn.
The pattern explanations are given below:
You’ll need to crochet two flowers. To make it easier, the base of the rose is crocheted in a forwards-backwards manner, not in a circle.
1.row: crochet 30 cs
2.row: 1sc, *1hdc 1dc 1hdc into next cs, 1sc into next cs* repeat 5 times; *1hdc 2dc 1hdc into next cs, 1sc into next cs* repeat 5 times, cast off
The next part is easy:
1. You’ll need superglue, two crochet or felt circles, your crochet roses, two earrings studs.
2. Roll the crochet rose into a bun creating a flower. Start rolling from the side where the 2.row of the pattern starts, so opposite the end :), so that the smaller petals are inwards and the larger petals remain on the outer circle.
3. Glue the felt or crochet circle onto the back of the rose.
4. Attach the earring stud to the back of the rose with glue. Let dry.
5. Glue a pearl or a rhinestone in the middle of the rose if you’d like.