The end of 2012 is here! As I’m celebrating the final hours of this year, it’s the perfect time to look back on this year’s highlights.
For me, this year was full of milestones and big changes. In June I turned 25 and got my Master’s degree in psychology. I was so proud of myself for getting my degree while pursuing my dream of becoming an opera singer. You can read more about my story here.
Starting this blog was another big leap I took this year. I’ve been blogging for a couple of years now, but so far my blogging had been sporadic to say the least. By now, blogging has become part of me and I couldn’t have imagined how much fun it can be. I love sharing my ideas and connecting with you! There are so many talented bloggers out there, I’m just lucky to be part of it. I have great plans for this blog and I’ve already mapped out my goals for 2013, but those will remain my little secret. I just hope I can inspire you and share some great projects to add little handmade touches to your style and your home. Here are my top 5 favorite blog posts of 2012:
1. I love love love the whole wardrobe reinvention series. I have learned so much about my style through these posts. And the 1 skirt 6 ways post is still one of my very favorites.
2. The lace heart cutout t-shirt is my favorite DIY project this year. I’ve worn this tee so much, and I’m not really a t-shirt kind of girl.
3. This was my favorite jewelry project aside from those made for my shop. It so easy, yet so glamorous.
4. The button embellished clutch is my go-to bag at the moment. There are so many festivities going on, and it’s the perfect size bag to hold all my necessities.
5. And the top 5 wouldn’t be complete without the sweater socks. These seem to be the all around favorite of the year. I love them and have been wearing them quite a lot during this cold month. I have some pink sweater sleeves lined up for another pair of socks.
And then there’s one projects that I just have to mention because I’m so proud of it. It’s not one, but 4 blog posts that make up Pearls and Scissors’ Fall lookbook. It was a huge undertaking for me, but I love how it turned out. You can see the whole book here.
I can’t wait to find out what 2013 has in store for me. 2012 was full of surprises and wonderful moments. And I have the feeling, that 2013 will kick 2012’s butt.
I wish you and your’s a wonderful New Year’s Eve with lots of laughs, fun and surprises!